Cisco Ironport Email Encryption
Cisco is recognized as a leading technology provider for email and web security, and the Cisco Ironport Email Encryption solution is no exception. FiLink uses the Cisco Ironport C-Series Email Security platform, as well as the RSA Data Loss Prevention Engine, to scan and encrypt emails with Cisco’s PXE technology.
Deploy Easy-to-Use Email Encryption
Cisco IronPort Email Encryption is a send-to-anyone secure message technology built on the Cisco Ironport C-Series.
- Meet compliance requirements for email encryption with HIPAA, SOX, GLBA and State Laws
- Deliver Powerful Email Control Features like notifications and policy-based routing
- Secure, Managed Cloud Infrastructure
Flexible Sender Encryption
The sender can initiate encryption through a wide variety of methods, including:
- Installing an email client plug-in that can encrypt a message with the click of a button
- Marking the message as urgent
- Using a code word (such as “encrypt”) in the subject line.
Emails can also be encrypted automatically through administrator-configured policies. FiLink includes out-of-the-box compliance policies for HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, Finance, and Federal, State and International Laws.
Support for All Email Platforms
Messages encrypted using Cisco IronPort Email Encryption can be opened by any AOL, Yahoo!, or Hotmail user. They can also be opened by traditional enterprise email clients such as Outlook, Lotus Notes, and GroupWise.
Easy Setup and Administration
With Cisco IronPort Email Encryption, email administrators can implement message-level encryption in two easy steps and be up and running in minutes. Cisco transparently manages key creation, distribution, and retention, as well as recipient user management.
Flexible Key Management
Cisco takes the burden out of encryption key management through a hosted key management service. The Cisco Registered Envelope Service:
- Provides highly secure and transparent management of encryption key creation, distribution, and retention
- Operates from multiple Cisco data centers
- Has high availability and 10-year key retention
If an organization cannot permit a hosted key service, Cisco provides the flexibility of on-premises key management with the Cisco IronPort Encryption Appliance.
Total Email Control
Unlike other email encryption solutions, with Cisco IronPort Email Encryption, senders remain in full control of their content, even after it has been sent. With Cisco IronPort Email Encryption, senders always have the option to lock the message, so they do not have to worry about:
- Mistyped recipient addresses
- Mistakes in content
- Time-sensitive messages
Senders can also add their logo to the Cisco Registered Envelope Service page, customize message notification text, and includes logos in their notification messages.
Cisco IronPort Email Encryption satisfies encryption regulatory requirements without being a burden on the senders, recipients, or email administrators. These requirements include state privacy regulations and European directives, as well as those of:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
Ease of use combined with powerful features means that now IT can offer encryption as a service, not a mandate.
Proven Encryption Technology
Cisco IronPort Email Encryption technology transforms email encryption. It satisfies compliance requirements while providing the opportunity to extend into areas that can add tangible business value.
Cisco IronPort provides the only email encryption technology that combines:
- Universal accessibility (send and receive on any email platform)
- Ease of use (no client software or public key infrastructure)
In addition, this solution has been proven in mission-critical deployments of up to 30 million recipients.
For More Information
For more information, download Cisco IronPort data sheets:
- Cisco IronPort Email Encryption (PDF – 162 KB)
Contact Our Sales Team to Discuss email encryption with Cisco Ironport Technology:
Toll-free: 1-866-5-FILINK (345465) or user our contact form here.